Tuesday, April 22, 2008

No Signing Ceremony

So, unfortunately it doesn't look like we will be getting a formal signing ceremony with the Governor. Our bill sponsor's office requested it twice and they declined to do one. They said it's due to timing/scheduling. We're translating that to mean that it wouldn't further him politically so he doesn't want to do it. Trish and I also called and spoke with the Governor's office and my family called/sent emails. We don't seem to be making any progress.

I am incredibly disappointed. I don't really care about the Governor - I just wanted more pics for Carter's scrapbook. And it creates a better awareness about the issue which is one of our goals.

On the bright side, at least he signed the bill and didn't veto it!

We hope to do a press conference when the certificates are actually ready sometime this fall. Stay tuned to our site for our progress in that area.

No comments: